It has been an interesting couple of days here on Winds. Lots of comment and debate, as articles have included:
- Tipping Points, Irtidad, & Honour Killings. A Christian convert converts a prominent liberal; it's a sign of the times.
- Open Letter to Reformist Muslims. Ali Eteraz speaks to his fellows, and to those wishing to stand by them.
- Reality Check. How many Islamofascists can dance on the head of the ummah?
- Fear of a Jihadi Planet. Large swathes of the Left continues to act as auxiliaries for jihadist theocrats.
- Tough Questions... and a Dash of Good News. CAIR deserves the questions. The rest deserves the "good news" label.
- Moderate Muslims Sighted in Madison. Followed by a monsoon in the comments section.
So I'm having an exchange in the "Open Letter to Reformist Muslims" thread, and there's a point I want to make more prominently.
"...just as we wish to media to report both the good news and the bad news from Iraq in a fair way, fairness demands that we cover the people like Ali Eteraz in addition to alerting our readers to the genuine jihadi threat."
The argument for doing so is the same. To ask for one on principle demands that one ask for the other.